Agritourism AI DUE TAXODIBadia Pavese (Pavia) Check availability
In the quiet countryside, few km away from the river Po, and among Lodi, Pavia and Piacenza provinces, you can find the Farm house "Ai due Taxodi".
The unusual name comes from the two big secular trees who dominate the house: "Taxodium Disticum", a scientific name belonging to the sequoia family.
The Agritourism currently produces rice and pasture for the cattle, oxen of the Chianina breed.
The building was originally a structure of the abbey of the monks Benedictines of Santa Cristina, who by first reclaimed the marshes of our countryside.
The reorganization has been executed trying to respect the spirit of the original building.
In the cold and foggy season guests can enjoy the heat from the big fire-place which makes the room and its epoch furniture more cheerful, while in the enjoyable season one lunches in the wide porch beautified by fired pillars.
- Accomodation: farm holiday
- Environment: plain
- Region: Lombardy
- Province: Pavia
- Address: Cascina Pezzanchera, 3
- Total surface (ht): 141
- Altitude: 50 meters
- Opening: year round
- Apartments / sleeps: 1/5
- Rooms with bathroom / sleeps: 4/8
- wheelchairs access
- credit cards
- pets allowed
- Activities in the farm-holiday: children playground, guided tours
- Activities in the surroundings: swimming pool, horse riding, thermal baths
- Crops and farming: cows, forage, poultry, rice
- Typical dishes: risotti, pasta fatta in casa, brasati, dolci
- Direct sales of typical products: meat, rice