Agritourism COLLE TOCCISubiaco (Roma) Check availability
Very near to the Benedictine monasteries of Santa Scolastica and San Benedetto, which are enriched with art and situated in an extraordinarily beautiful natural setting, the Colle Tocci agritourism establishment is also located just a few kilometres from the centre of Subiaco, which has famous medieval monuments such as the Rocca Abbaziale (Abbot’s Castle), the Bridge and the Convent of St. Francis, borgo della Valle (the Valley village) and many others.
Chestnut forests surround the agritourism establishment and century-old olive trees, which produce exceptionally high quality, flavourful and very light olive oil, cover the lands. It also raises fruits and vegetables to be served to guests.
The villa, which is from the eighteen hundreds, was recently renovated maintaining the original structure and atmosphere. The interior furnishings also have the same sought after, passionate appeal. There are five double rooms available that all have their own private bath and they are all decorated individually with furnishings that are reminiscent of grandma’s antiques.
The cuisine is all based on natural genuine products and traditional dishes from the Aniene Valley as well as regional specialties. This is an ideal location for those who appreciate traditional-style cooking and old-fashioned recipes that have (almost) ceased to exist!
There are stables located one kilometre from the establishment that offer beautiful trails for horseback riding. For canoeing enthusiasts, the Canoanium Club in Subiaco organizes lessons and competitions for all ages on the Aniene River. Just 15 km away, the Monte Livata and Campo dell’Osso ski runs are found in the enchanting beech tree forest in the Simbruini Mountains.
- Accomodation: farm holiday
- Environment: hill
- Region: Latium
- Province: Roma
- Address: C.da Castagnola, 8
- Touristic zone: Monti Simbruini Natural Park
- Total surface (ht): 8
- Altitude: 600 meters
- Opening: year round
- Apartments / sleeps: 2/8
- Rooms with bathroom / sleeps: 5/10
- wheelchairs access
- credit cards
- Activities in the farm-holiday: mountain bike, children playground, guide to the agricultural activities, pony, products harvesting, special dinners, walks
- Activities in the surroundings: swimming pool, horse riding, canoing, climbing, excursions, rafting, skying, guided tours
- Crops and farming: chestnut wood, goats, olive grove, orchard, poultry, sheep, vegetables
- Typical dishes: pezzole con fagioli, strozzapreti all'arrabbiata, abbacchio alla cacciatora e brodettato, coniglio con le erbe, ciambelline al vino Cesanese, crostata di visciole, tiramisł
- Direct sales of typical products: cakes, eggs, extra virgin olive oil, honey, jams, vegetables