Spoleto is known throughout the world for its Spoleto Festival and its many cultural treasures. Its beautifully preserved countryside is also of great interest to nature lovers.
Just five kilometers outiside of Spoleto, on the edge of the antique village, Bazzano di Sotto, the “L’Ulivo” is nestled among olive groves and farm houses, and near to castles and old country churches.
A farm Amid Green Hills
At the foot of the olive groves, two former farm houses surrounded by a large garden, have been transformed into various apartments:
• I Lillà – sleeps 6-7, includes one bedroom with a queen size bed, one bedroom with two or three single beds, a family room with fireplace and a queen size sofa - bed, two bathrooms, kitchen and terrace.
• Il Glicine-sleeps 6, is made up of a family room with a sofa-bed, kitchenette, bedroom with queen size bed communicating with another bedroom that sleeps two, one bathroom.
• Il Geranio and Il Gelsomino are two delightful two-room apartments that can each sleep 2-4 people, both are comprised of one bedroom with a queen size bed and bathroom, a family room with a double sofa-bed and kitchenette. Il Geranio is on the ground floor and has a large entryway that leads to the garden.
• La Ginestra is also on the ground floor with its entrance leading directly out to the garden and is made up of two bedrooms and one bathroom.
All of apartments have color TV, heating and linens.
Swimming pool, amongst the antique olive groves;
-Production of organic, cold pressed, extra-virgin olive oil;
-guided visits of the olive groves during the harvest;
-guided visits of a mill during the pressing of the olives and olive oil tastings;
-Historical events in traditional costumes;
--Spoleto Festival (dance, music, theater, opera);
- Teatro Lirico Sperimentale(opera);
- Umbria Jazz.
Il Casalino is situated on the side of Bazzano di Sotto, a medieval village in the neighborhood of St. Andrew's castle and parish church. It is 5 km far from Spoleto, in a land famous for its well preserved environment.
The country house takes its name from the former sheepfold and shepherd's house.
The main features of the country house il Casalino are: its historical and naturalistic importance, its comfortable apartments, its traditional and charming furniture and the quiet atmosphere.
Today, after careful restoration works, the ancient buildings are ready to welcome their guests in a pretty comfortable atmosphere.
Il Casalino is made of six units to receive from two to eighteen guests. The apartments, in fact, are in communication and are composed of: living room with fireplace, kitchenette, intermediate floor furnished with bed, bedrooms and bathroom.
An other charming structure of the country house is La Torretta.
Its charm is due to the presence of original materials, large open air spaces, a comfortable way to the swimming pool and a wonderful panoramic position. It has a double room, a kitchen with fireplace, a living room with bed and a bathroom.
The owner of the structure organizes guided walks and trips in order to make his guests visit and enjoy art and culture in this area.
Tourists and bike lovers can go through the valley of Umbria until Bevagna and Assisi, visit wonderful historical centres, enjoy the beauty of Valnerina untouched nature and Montefalco hills.
Moreover, mountain-bike lovers will discover an entangle net of paths dipped in a green sea full of huts, parishes and castles.
The path of olive-trees towards Spoleto or Trevi is a chance to do trekking. Horse-riding centers, rivers to enjoy the pleasure of rafting or walls to practice climbing are only some of our guests' opportunities.