Agritourism MOLINO DI FOCISan Gimignano (Siena) Availability request
When you dream of a comfortable place to spend your holiday or perhaps a long weekend… look no further…stop here at the Molino di Foci!
The Molino di Foci is an old watermill dating back to the 14th century. After being abandoned for over 40 years it has been carefully restored into a characteristic bed and breakfast, ready to offer guests a warm welcome to the fascinating tuscan countryside.
Restoration work has been sympathetically carried out over a number of years using materials and colours typical of Tuscany. As a result, Molino di Foci now offers its' guests the possibility to clearly envisage the life and history of the old watermill while enjoying any modern comforts, amid a wonderful setting surrounded by fields of wheat and spectacular sunflowers.
The English speaking owners have a long experience in first class hotellerie and with the restoration they have realized their big dream of their own hotel.
Situated on the via Francigena, which originally lead pilgrims from Canterbury to Rome, the Molino di Foci is an historic building protected by the Belle Arti.
- Accomodation: historical dwelling
- Environment: hill
- Region: Tuscany
- Province: Siena
- Address: Loc. Molino di Foci
- Touristic zone: San Gimignano
- Total surface (ht): 4
- Altitude: 300 m.a.s.l.
- Opening: year round
- Rooms with bathroom / sleeps: 15/30
- swimming pool
- wheelchairs access
- credit cards
- Activities in the farm-holiday: trekking
- Activities in the surroundings: horse riding, tennis, cities of art, golf
- Crops and farming: vineyard, wheat
- Typical dishes: zuppe, penne salsiccia e radicchio, tagliatelle ai funghi porcini, tagliata