Agritourism POGGIO GAIOFirenze (Firenze) Availability request
Comfortable apartments at few minutes from the centre of Florence!
Poggio Gaio is the ancient name of the hill where our guest-house lies, name due to the excellent panoramic exposition and to the sun. It is one of the countless hills that, following one another enchantingly, face to the doors of the South area of Florence, distant and unknown to the urban traffic, but at the same time reachable in a few minutes by car from the city centre: because of that the position is excellent too.
Soft hills, plenty of cypresses, olives and fruit trees: this way Poggio Gaio and the surroundings welcome our guests. And not only this way, because just some meters far from our guest-house you find the Galileo Galilei’s house, where he lived the last years, the astronomical observatory of Arcetri, the “Torre del Gallo” castle, a wonderful road-terrace where to contemplate a breathtaking view from, say nothing of the countless trekking paths through the green.
All products are grown on the farm with absolutely organic and natural methods. The Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the fruit are amongst the best in Tuscany, due to the special soil. This confers quality to the Extra Virgin Olive Oil (made with a cold first-pressing) and enhances the flavour of the fruit.
It is possible to buy season vegetable and fruit. No charge for fruit directly picked by our guests up.
- Accomodation: country house
- Environment: hill
- Region: Tuscany
- Province: Firenze
- Address: Via S. Michele a Monteripaldi, 4
- Touristic zone: Florence
- Total surface (ht): 3
- Altitude: 198 m.a.s.l.
- Apartments / sleeps: 5/18
- organic farm
- pets allowed
- Activities in the farm-holiday: gardening, library, products harvesting, walks
- Activities in the surroundings: swimming pool, tennis, bikes, horse riding, golf
- Crops and farming: olive grove, orchard
- Typical dishes: pane fatto in casa, marmellate, dolci per colazione
- Direct sales of typical products: extra virgin olive oil, fruits, vegetables