Agritourism PODERE LA CASELLINAFigline Valdarno (Firenze) Availability request
Podere La Casellina is a working farm in the beautiful countryside between Chianti and the Arno Valley, an area of chestnut and oak forests, interspersed with ancient olive groves, orchards and gnarled vineyards. This is a small, organic farm, producing fine green olive oil, fresh fruit, seasonal vegetables and wine, and offering a comfortable stay, free of stress and commotion, and not too far off the beaten track.
Here you can picnic beneath the olive trees, gather chestnuts and wild mushrooms in the woods or simply sit back and enjoy the view of Mountains del Chianti and Pratomagno.
The farm is a short drive from Florence, the most important of Tuscany's Cities of Art, and is convenient for the vineyards of Chianti and the other major cities of central Tuscany.
The farm has been in the family for four generations, and the hospitality reflects the traditional and easy warmth of the local countryfolk. The owners are eager to satisfy any requests, appreciating that people come to this part of the world to enjoy the easy pace of life and the beauty of the surroundings
The stables and hayloft have been carefully restored and converted into three simple, light bedrooms with bathrooms and excellent views. Breakfast is provided by the family, who live in the old stone-built farmhouse. Delicious, home-cooked evening meals, prepared by the owner's mother from the La Casellina's produce, are also served in the farmhouse dining-room.
- Accomodation: farm holiday
- Environment: hill
- Region: Tuscany
- Province: Firenze
- Address: Via Poggio alla Croce, 60
- Touristic zone: Chianti
- Total surface (ht): 10
- Altitude: 320 m.a.s.l.
- Opening: 1 mar-10 jan
- Rooms with bathroom / sleeps: 3/6
- pets allowed
- Activities in the farm-holiday: guide to the agricultural activities, guided tours, products harvesting
- Activities in the surroundings: swimming pool, horse riding, mountain bike, trekking
- Crops and farming: olive grove, poultry, vineyard
- Typical dishes: le ricette di un famoso libro di cucina toscana e le foto sono state fatte qui da noi (Tuscany - Phaidon Press ltd)
- Direct sales of typical products: extra virgin olive oil, honey, wine